One of the wonderful things I love about food blogging is that you meet all kinds of people who are mad about food: chefs, producers, restauranteurs, home cooks, people who love to eat out, people who love to entertain, and, of course, other food bloggers.
I’ve been especially happy to discover new food bloggers from around the world via our monthly Sweet Adventures blog hop events.
A couple of months ago, five Australian food bloggers – 84th & 3rd, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, Delicieux, Dining With a Stud, and myself, The Hungry Australian – started the Sweet Adventures blog hops to try out a different international dessert each month. Our goal is to bring food bloggers from around the world together – and each put our own spin on the selected adventure item.
Our inaugural event, The Great Australian pavlova blog hop, was hosted by Deliciuex in October 2011, and attracted 34 entries while our second event, the Festive Favourites blog hop hosted by 84th & 3rd, attracted 38 entries last month. Click on the above links to drool over all the entries.
Opens: 16th January, 2012
Deadline for entries: 23rd January, 2012
We’re looking for your most special, indulgent and lip-smacking chocolate creation this month. Any chocolate-based dessert is eligible for entry. You could make chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, chocolate brownies, chocolate truffles, chocolate slice, chocolate biscuits, chocolate macarons, chocolate balls, chocolate sticks, chocolate meringues, chocolate custard, chocolate pavlova, or a brand-new chocolate dessert. Or a combination of all of the above – that really would be Death by Chocolate!
If you’ve joined us for a previous Sweet Adventures blog hop, we do hope you’ll join us again because we had such a ball with you last time. And if Death by Chocolate will your first Sweet Adventures blog hop, well, we can’t wait to meet you :D
So let your chocolate fantasies run wild and start planning your Death by Chocolate dessert today. Don’t forget to invite all your food blogger buddies to join in the fun, too.
We’re really looking forward to seeing all your amazing chocolate creations!
Who is eligible to join the Death by Chocolate blog hop?
Food bloggers. If you blog about food we’d love to have you join this hop. We love meeting and sharing our recipes with food bloggers from all over the world.
When is the Death by Chocolate Blog Hop?
The Death by Chocolate Blog Hop opens on 16th January 2012 (9am Sydney time [AEST]) and closes on 23rd January ( 11:59pm Sydney time [AEST]). This means you have one week to get your entries in to be part of the blog hop.
How does the Death by Chocolate (DBC) blog hop work?
- Publish your new Death by Chocolate entry post on your own blog sometime between 16th January 2012 (9am Sydney time [AEST]) and 23rd January ( 11:59pm Sydney time [AEST]). Entries will be linked in order of submission so you are encouraged to get your entry in on or as close to the 16th as possible. Please note that only new posts published between the opening and closing dates are eligible are eligible for Sweet Adventures blog hops
- Visit the host blog – The Hungry Australian – and link-up your DBC post on her Death by Chocolate Blog Hop post by following the instructions at the end of the post.
- Copy the official link-up code to place back on your Death by Chocolate blog post. The code will create a gallery of all the other linked up posts and will let visitors hop from other blogs to your blog (and vice versa) to drool over all the creations.
- Download the DBC tile/bling for the month and place it in your post. (You can also download it from this post – simply click on the tile above and right-click to ‘save as’ on your computer.) Link the DBC tile to The Hungry Australian’s Death by Chocolate Blog Hop page.
- Hop around to all the other entries in the blog hop, introducing yourself to all the other food bloggers by sharing the comment love.
- Have fun!