I’ve been burning the midnight oil this week working on my blog redesign* (yay!) as well as new client work.
When life gets busy my house starts to fall apart – I can’t even see my kitchen benches right now. I could’ve hugged my sister in law the other day when she joked that her house always looks like it’s been robbed: if you’re a working parent of small kids your home is always teetering on the brink of chaos. Unless you have live-in help, that is, in which case I might have to move in with you.
My mother overheard us talking and told us that her home was never messy when my brother and I were small. However, she also told me that my brother and I never had sleep problems as babies, either — “we just drove you around in the car until you fell asleep” — so I’m not sure we can really trust what she says.
Anyway, the point of this rather indulgent spiel is that I’d hoped to have a new recipe post up today but it just didn’t happen because I had to occasionally, you know, sleep. Without anyone driving me around until I fell asleep, no less.
So here are a few photos from my recent visit to the Southern Ocean Lodge on Kangaroo Island instead. I will be blogging my visit in detail later on and you won’t want to miss that because it is really quite a special place. Plus, I have some great photos of a seal rolling playfully around on the beach. It’s way cuter than it sounds – I’ve never met a more charismatic and witty seal.
Have a great week.
*My new site design will be up early September.
I visited the Southern Ocean Lodge as a guest of the Lodge and the South Australian Tourism Commission.
More Travel Posts
- 3-Day Food and Wine Cruise on the Pacific Jewel
- Fleurieu Peninsula Mini-Break: Narnu Farm, Aquacaf and Port Elliot Bakery
- Discovering Tasmania: Kate’s Berry Farm, Palate at Saffire Freycinet, Freycinet Lodge, Freycinet National Park and Freycinet Marine Farm
- Audi Hamilton Island Race Week: Kylie Kwong (Billy Kwong) Lunch and Shannon Bennet (Vue de Monde) ’30’ Dinner
- Meet the Food Producers at South Bank’s Regional Flavours Festival, Brisbane
- Exploring Dubai: Spices, Diamonds, Gold and Fruit & Vegetables
Subscribe to The Hungry Australian
Don’t want to miss a post? Sign up to receive new posts once a week – it’s free!